Sunday, September 15, 2002

Busy Time

Oh my, I shouldn’t be taking the time to write this out right now as I’ve had such a busy last few days, but I thought it was time for an update, and I don’t feel like doing any java programming just yet. So you might be wondering why I’ve taken so long to update. Well, it’s been because I’ve been quite busy. We’ll start with Friday.

Friday, I woke up and went to work, skipped astronomy, went for a run, went to algorithms, and then headed over to Anne’s to help her pack for her horse show this weekend. I was taking her down to the cities for it and I thought I’d help pack. I really didn’t do so much packing as I did watch her put every last thing she owned in her room into duffel bags to take along. From the looks of it, I thought she was moving out, but according to her, she was just being prepared. I thought it was cute. After we got her all packed up we headed down to the cities and as we entered Minneapolis, Anne called home to see if the horse was on her way yet. Well, the horse decided it didn’t want to come so it wasn’t even loaded yet. Knowing this, we had plenty of time to burn so we headed down to the Mall of America. We looked around at some of the stores like the Gap, Victoria’s Secret, and all those other clothes stores. Anne, then wondering where I shopped, was taken down to Hot Topic. I think she was quite scared while we were in there. Needless to say, we weren’t in there for more than five minutes before she’d seen and heard enough. I can’t blame her really, because the one at the Mall of America is extra creepy compared to the ones in Roch and St. Cloud. Since neither of us really had any need to buy anything and we were hungry we went and sat down to eat at the Alamo Grill. I like the place, and I think Anne did too, but our waiter was a little sketchy.

After we’d eaten we checked on the horse again—still not loaded. Well, we decided to head to the fair grounds anyways and just see what was going on. We goofed around there until 9:30 when the horse finally got there. I stayed to watch Anne ride for a little bit and then I helped put the horse in for the night before I finally left. I wish I could have stayed to watch her the next couple of days, but I thought I’d better head back.

When I got back to my apartment at 1:30 I went to bed on the couch in the living room because people were staying in my room. I was woke up at about 3:00 am, however, by a snoring, unfamiliar dude on our other couch. Since he was so loud I grabbed my pillow and blanket and went to sleep down in the basement lounge of our building. It turns out that he was a friend of Chen’s who stayed over. I was thoroughly confused until Chen informed of this.

After getting up I went with Karl and Jeff to a barbecue at Staffa’s apartment. It was kind of low-key and calm so we ate and left for the game. We got to the football game and took our places in the end zone with the rest of the hard-core Johnnie fans. We ended up winning the game something like 42-0. It was also a lot of fun because Karl, Jeff, Megan, Erica, some random dude, and myself were in the halftime show doing cart races on the track. I unfortunately lost because I was pushing Karl, whereas Jeff and the other dude were pushing light girls in their carts. Oh well.

After the game, we had a Dance Dance Revolution party at our apartment. We had a bunch of people come over and dance it up the rest of the afternoon. It was a lot of fun, and it was also cool that me and Karl could step up anytime, pop on a hard song, and just amaze everyone there. After everyone left, some friends of Karl’s from high school dropped in so we went and hung out with them for a while. After they left for a late supper, I figured I’d better get some homework done. That didn’t happen so much as I laid down on our couch and fell asleep……at about 9:30 on a Saturday night. I was later woken up, however, by Monica, Claire, and Charnelle stopping by. They just came by to say hi, and I think they felt a little bad that they might have woke me up, but I hope it doesn’t sway them from stopping over anymore.

Today I woke up early for disc practice. A bunch of the people on our team who said they would be there weren’t so it was kind of a ho-hum practice. We were supposed to scrimmage SCSU as well at 11:30, but they didn’t show up until after 1:00 pm when we had all already gone home. That’s the state team for you. Now I plan on going to watch the Vikings game, then head to volleyball (it’s our season opener) and then getting some quality shut-eye again tonight. I’ve been feeling a little extra tired yesterday and today so I’m hoping to avoid getting sick like a lot of people around I know are. Anyhow, I’m off to hit the couch and watch some football while doing my computation theory homework.

No comments: