Monday, October 28, 2002

Jackass!

Three words: Jackass: The Movie. This is a movie in the least sense of the term, but I would easily pay another $7.00 to see it again. Not so much a movie as a really long episode of the now canceled tv show, we have here the funniest 82 minutes I can remember in recent memory. Friday night Jeff, Ryan, Burns, Christin, and I all attended the opening showing of Jackass in Rochester. Ryan and I had been waiting in anticipation for this movie for a very long time. While watching the movie the only thing I repeatedly said to myself was “oh my freaking goodness, they cannot be doing this!” The sheer insanity of most of the things they did is what made most of the movie funny. Just to know that they all had the balls (or lack of brains) to do most of what they did not only impressed me but made me laugh my ass off. Anyone looking to see a bunch of stupid guys doing stupid things for an hour and a half should see this movie as soon as possible. ‘Nuff said on that topic.

The rest of the weekend was spent back at home. Saturday I went shopping with my mom after taking some family pictures for our family’s Christmas cards. Some of the pictures are up here if you want to see them. Oh yeah, and you can also see some pictures of tangoing from Thursday here. The main reason I had to go shopping Saturday was to help Ryan find some new jeans for winter and to get some cdr’s so I could show my mom how to make cds. After we had gotten all the stuff we needed at the mall and Shopko we quit jetted over to Hy-Vee to get some groceries quick. While we were there we ran into my grandma, who happened to be celebrating her 70th birthday that day. The groceries we were picking up at Hy-Vee were her cake and decorations so we had to run a stealth mission so she didn’t see us walking out with her cake. Luckily for us, the mission was a success. The rest of Saturday night I spent at home eating pizza with the family, watching parts of Panic Room (I’d already seen it—good film, but not one of Fincher’s best), and hanging out with Sheryl. She probably thought I was boring as ever since I was just content to sit around the house the entire night and do nothing. She got me up to date on all of the Hayfield gossip and I got her up to date on all of the SJU gossip. It was a really fun night and I was glad to see her again since I don’t get to see her very often.

Sunday I got up, packed my stuff up, put it in my car, and then got ready for church. It’s always nice coming back and going to my church because it is one of those small country churches where everyone knows everyone (which is sometimes good and sometimes bad—depending upon the people). It’s also nice to see my pastor since I don’t get many chances to talk to him anymore. It was the celebration of the Reformation and I enjoyed the sermon, hymns, and readings that went with it. Smaller known religious celebrations, such as Reformation, I always enjoy. After church I talked with my dad for a while before he had to head back out into the field for harvest, and then I headed out to get back up here to SJU. When I got back I headed over the CSB to work out and play my volleyball game. We won our volleyball game in two sets, 15-1 and 15-2. It wasn’t much of a game, actually. We basically just practiced things we wouldn’t do in a normal, competitive game.

No comments: