Sunday, February 23, 2003

Stella Maris Ball

Last night I went to the Stella Maris ball here at SJU (I’ll get pictures up soon, don’t worry). It was a formal dinner and ball. Kristin and I got all nice and gussied up for it. We were both pretty hot (I know you can’t wait for the pics…) and had a wonderful time. The dinner was lasagna, some potato dish, bread sticks, veggies, and some sparkling cider. It was yummy and I definitely got my fill of breadsticks and lasagna. I had a nice time dining, relaxing, and talking with some friends. I saw a lot of people I knew there and it was great having a chance to catch up.

The dance was a blast for the most part. They had cha cha lessons at the beginning which was ok, I guess, but I really didn’t think it was that essential to the night. The rest of the dance was great. Since neither Kristin or I know a whole lot of ballroom (well, I know some, but it’s a lot more fun to just make stuff up and goof around), we just messed around and I swear most of the people there must have thought me to be a sixth grader at their first dance because I was all squirrelly and hyper. We had a great time and it’s always nice to get dressed up occasionally. I don’t do it often so this is one of the few chances Kristin got to see me dressed to the hilt.

As much fun as we had at the ball, and as much as I’d like to keep writing, I have a lot of homework to get done today so I’ll get you all back up to speed in the next couple of days. I’ll hopefully get back on a regular writing schedule again!

No comments: