Friday, July 04, 2003

I Wish I Were a Mutant

Happy Fourth of July! Sorry for the lack of updates, but there’s been good reason……ok, maybe I was just lazy as of late, but aren’t we all entitled to some degree of sloth every now and again? Anyhow, there has been a new addition to my body that I would love to tell you all about. No, I didn’t grow that monkey tail that I’ve always wanted or sprout a third arm (but I’m still hoping they both happen eventually). No, instead I simply have a new partial front tooth.

Yep, as some of you may have known, my front right tooth was partially fake. In fifth or sixth grade I got hit in the face with a baseball bat by my neighbor Karl’s sister. In hitting me in the face, she knocked out half of my tooth. They originally took a mold of my tooth, made half a tooth and then glued it onto my tooth so that I had an entire tooth, but over time it has gotten pretty crappy. It constantly yellows and the line between my fake part and real part became very visible. Since I had to go into the dentist to get my wisdom teeth capped & sealed, I thought I would also have that tooth replaced. I did, and it looks great. You can’t even tell that it is fake unless you look really close. They didn’t take a mold this time, but instead formed the fake half with some liquid goo, so my tooth is a piece of art done by my dentist!

The only bad thing about my new tooth is that it is a slightly different overall shape then before so I feel weird when I bite and chew now. I’ll have to get used to the new form of my mouth over time. Since he fixed my front tooth and capped my wisdom teeth, I should be good to go for a long time, dental wise. I’m still riding my lifelong streak of never having a cavity and I hope to prolong it for a long time.

Well, I suppose I should say something about patriotism since it is the fourth of July, but I really have never liked this holiday. I always feel like everyone acts so fake today. People who would usually complain about the government or not care about our political system all of the sudden are waving flags or praising our great nation. I for one will not act like a simple sheep and wave a flag because it’s the “right” thing to do on a day like today. I still have a hard time agreeing with what our government is doing, especially now with the crappy way they’re handling the occupation of Iraq, putting a bounty out on Saddam, and the way we’re dealing with the middle east. I’m not going to go into a long rant or rave about how I feel about the government, but I just feel to disheartened by what our government does on an everyday basis to openly praise it. Anyhow, I’m going to get off of the subject now before I say something dumb. I hope you all have a wonderful fourth of July and if you aren’t busy, come see Strike Team Improv at 7 pm tonight—we’ll be funny!

No comments: