Thursday, July 17, 2003

One Long Ass Commute

Somebody go and call Guinness because I’m pretty sure I must have set a record this morning. I commuted from St. Cloud to Rochester for work. That was three solid hours that I spent in my car in traffic driving to Kingland. I’m still having a hard time believing that I woke up at 5 am to get on the road. I have no idea how my mom does it every day, although I suppose it helps that she goes to bed at least 2 or 3 hours earlier than I do, but I digress.

No, I don’t actually live in St. Cloud and commute to Rochester. I think anyone who would even contemplate doing something like that would have to be a little insane or not have anything to do for six hours a day. Can you imagine? That would be one fourth of every weekday of your life spent in a vehicle in transit from one point to another. Wow, that’s mind-boggling. I actually went up to visit Kristin Tuesday night and all day yesterday. Some of her extended family/friends were injured last Friday when a deck that they were on collapsed. There were 9 or 10 of them that were taken to the hospital, but thankfully no one was killed. I wanted to go up and make sure she was doing ok and that she was. I’m thankful that she and her direct family weren’t on the deck when it went, but I’m sorry an accident such as this even did happen. I guess the owner of the house that they were at didn’t do a very good job upkeeping the place so the wood had rotted under the deck and it finally came time for it to break. Anyhow, moving on (because accidents aren’t fun things to talk about)……

Here’s an interesting link for anyone that wants a good laugh. When you really think about it, though, it really isn’t all that funny as it brings even more controversy into the Catholic Church. I think that every priest, bishop, arch-bishop, cardinal, and whatever other offices of positions in the Catholic church, should all be acting on their best behavior right now so as to not turn away even more members. If they’re at all interested in keeping people going to their churches they should watch what they do and say at all times. Even though I’m Lutheran, the downfall of the Catholic image really hurts Christianity in general, which kind of sucks. Anyways, before I get ranting about religion I’m going to call it a day. I’ve been up since 5 am and it’s 4 pm now and I need a nap……

No comments: