Thursday, January 15, 2004

Microsoft So Blows

Ugghh…I need a break. I honestly hate Microsoft’s Frontpage more than anything right now. I really, really wish it didn’t suck as much as it does. You would not believe how much worthless code and tags it puts in every frickin’ page. It’s taking me forever to go through and edit each page so that they use the styles I defined in the style sheet instead of the crap that it has defined within the page. The entire day today has been spent editing tags, removing unneeded ones, and adding new ones. I should have just started the site from scratch outside of frontpage. Eh, a little late now, though.

The thing that really gets my goat about frontpage is the sheer amount of useless tags in the code. There will be tons of tags that define bold text or italics or something like that and then there is nothing in the tags—they’re completely unneeded and just wasting space! I can usually trim down a page by 150 characters or more by just deleting all the unneeded crap. I repeat, Ugghh. Any time a new page needs to be created I know that there is no way in hell I’m going to go through frontpage to do it ever again. I can’t imagine what the code for this site looks like since I just dump everything into frontpage and then upload it. I’m sure it’s full of crap, but I don’t have the time right now to make my site all optimized as I have other things to do with my free time.

Some of my free time lately has been spent cataloging the ginormous order of 750+ comics that I received about a week and a half ago from a shop that was going out of business. I snagged that many comics for a mere $85 (and that’s including shipping). It was really funny because the comics themselves cost me $48 and the shipping was $37. I was amazed when the two huge (and heavy) boxes arrived at my doorstep. It’s been taking a good amount of time to go through the 750, get them organized, and then entered into the online database I use. I know, it’s a butt load, but hopefully they’ll be worth a good chunk of change some day and I can pay for one of my kid’s college or something with them (although I somehow doubt that they might actually get to be worth that much).

Another thing that’s been taking up some of my time lately is my listing of my cd collection on half.com. I decided that I listen to internet radio more than I do my cds, and since I have so many cds that I don’t listen to I might as well sell them and get some money. Since I have a collection of well over 500 cds, it’s taking me some time to get them into the half.com inventory. I’ve managed to sell 25 cds so far after only listing 140 in the last 5 days. If you’re on half.com and want to see what I have to offer, my user name is x311. Please buy some cds from me so I can start paying my college loans off……ok, so the few dollars it costs per cd won’t make me enough money to pay for college, but it will allow me to use it on other things I need right now, I just need to figure out what they are!

Well, I suppose that I should finish off some more pages. I’m close to getting the site done, but there’s still a chunk of pages to go through and then I have to monkey with the CSS to make sure that it displays optimally across all browsers. I’ll definitely let you all know when it’s up.

No comments: