Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Fantastic Four Trailer

So if you're a comic book geek in the least, and especially if you were one of the people who were thoroughly let down by Elektra, the new Fantastic Four trailer is up online for your viewing pleasure.

After all that I've read about the movie before the trailer came out, I've felt deep down that it was going to be a train wreck of a movie. I thought for sure it would be Marvel's first big flop (which actually went to Elektra, I see now). I had a really hard time seeing the Fantastic Four being an enjoyable team of superheroes to watch, especially after The Incredibles did such a good job of mimicing what a FF four movie should be like.

The style of the trailer definitely was of a different tone than I had expected. Whenever I'd read interviews with people working on the movie or involved with its development, it felt like they were going to be making a light hearted, almost comedic style of movie. The trailer is definitely not in this vein.

With a dark, haunting A Perfect Circle song playing in the background, the viewer is treated to some spectacular space shots followed by a look at the menacing Dr. Doom. You also see the members of the Fantastic Four, but not comedically at all. Instead, the trailer is playing up this movie to be a serious look at the FF, much like the X-Men movies attempted to be very realistic.

If the actual movie is going to downplay the comedic angle and play up the serious side of the FF, you can bet I'll be one of the first people in line to see it!

No comments: