Friday, July 15, 2005

Rochester Controlled Fire

There was a fire in Rochester today at about 12 or 12:30. It happened out on the north side of town where the KTTC and KXLT building is at. After I got back from lunch today one of my coworkers asked me if I wanted to see something cool. Of course I did, so I followed him outside and he showed me the plumes of smoke billowing from a fire a little ways off.

Since we really didn't want to be at work and because we were curious about the fire, three coworkers and myself saddled up into a car and drove out to the area where the fire was. It turns out that it was a farm house that was burning to the ground. It also turns out that it was a controlled burn being watched by the local fire department. It was still pretty fun to watch as a house burned to the ground. I've got a few pictures to go with the video as well:

Fire Fire

No comments: