Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Gloomy

There is nothing more wonderful than rain, clouds, cold, and utter dreariness on a busy day when you want nothing more than to get the hell out of the office. My motivation is hitting rock bottom right now, but I have so much to do that I'll be working from home again tonight. Nothing like the weather to pick you up, right?

It's amazing how much of a difference the backdrop Mother Nature puts on display for the day can make a difference in mood. If it were sunny and 80 degrees out I'd be working my ass off so that I could get out of here right at 4 and enjoy the weather. As it is, though, I could really care less about being outside. All I'd rather do is curl up on my couch, watch some tv, and have a beer.

What's even more depressing is that it'll be about another 40 years until I can retire. Can this day get any more gloomy?

No comments: