Friday, May 12, 2006

Screw Fossil Fuels

Guess who doesn't like paying $3 a freakin' gallon for gas? This guy. Yeah, the prices are there, just like the analysts predicted. Thank goodness I'm now living where I can take the bus to and from work every day. Still, when I want to go visit Kristin or home or when I have to drive to the airport or get groceries or such, I'm stuck guzzling gas and paying the abysmally high gas prices.

I'm wondering how high it'll have to get before the bus services raise their prices, as well as delivery services like DHL, FedEx, and UPS. Heck, I know pizza delivery services are making a killing with these rising gas prices. Anytime you get a pizza delivered nowadays they take on an extra couple of bucks for a delivery fee. Before the outrageous gas hikes of the last couple of years, there was never a delivery charge. It was simply a courtesy that a place could deliver (and that's how they would woo you away from a pizza place that only did carry out).

I don't know how high these gas prices are going to go, but pretty soon I'm not going to want to ever go anywhere other than my basement because I won't want to feed the greedy pockets of the oil companies who, while making record profits, won't do a damn thing to help out the everyday consumer.

No comments: