Monday, May 15, 2006

Twitch

There are very few things that make me want to be punched in the face. I'd get punched for $500. I might do it if it means I'd get a week or two off of work. I'd probably take a punch to defend a family member or my girlfriend. Other than those few situations, I probably wouldn't ever want to see someone's fist flying towards my face an a velocity that would not allow it to come to a complete stop before impacting my precious face.

Actually, come to think of it, there is one other situation where I would like to get punched in the face, namely right in my left eye... hard... so hard that it would swell up too large to even move, and that situation would be this very moment. For some reason the muscle right under my left eye is twitching at an uncontrollable rate. It doesn't affect my vision at all, but the constant movement makes me want to sit here with on hand pressing in on my eye socket to make it quit.

I really don't know what the heck would cause my eye to twitch so much and so uncontrollably, but it isn't anywhere close to quitting and it's been going strong all weekend. I did hear someone mention that it might be from a lack of calcium, but how would that cause one specific muscle to twitch? I've also assumed it might be stress as it has been quite stressful at work lately, but usually stress gives me migraines and not muscle spasms. Hopefully it goes away soon, though, because I'm pretty damn tempted to say something really inappropriate to someone at the bus stop today in order to get that face meeting fist experience that would probably solve my problem.

No comments: