Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Not a Submarine

Last Thursday I had returned to Rochester to perform a fantasy football draft with all of my old co-workers from Kingland Systems (all except two which had also left the company in the last few months). While I was there, a wave of heavy storms and tornadoes went through the area, as many of you may have heard about in the news. When I was watching the weather in the area and on the television, it didn't even occur to me to wonder what the weather was like back in the Twin Cities where my place was.

After looking at the picture to the right (there are more pictures and a description at Jared's site which you can get to by clicking on the picture), it seems like it was pretty rainy at home too... torrentially so. Any time there's enough rain to fill up the road to the bottom of a car door, you know that you got a lot of rain.

Thankfully my car wasn't there and didn't get flooded (since I park right behind or in front of Jared's car on the road). Knowing how much rain had gathered up outside, I wondered about our basement since I had noticed a little bit of water damage to the carpet in the basement living room when we moved in, but thankfully there was no water leakage into the basement while I was out.

With Jared's bad luck on getting his car partially flooded, maybe I received some good luck at my football draft. Tell me what you think of my team:

Quarterbacks:
  • Tom Brady
  • Kurt Warner
Running Backs:
  • Lamont Jordan
  • Kevan Barlow
  • Kevin Jones
  • Deuce Staley
Receivers/Ends:
  • Plaxico Burress
  • TJ Houshmandzadeh
  • Desmond Mason
  • Lee Evans
  • Troy Williamson
  • Robert Furguson
  • Ashlie Lelie
Kickers:
  • Josh Brown
Defense:
  • Carolina Panthers

No comments: