Wednesday, December 20, 2006

People Suck

I made mention previously of the townspeople who threw their support behind a religious zealot high school teacher instead of the student who exposed him. Now today we have a town who is pissed off at a kid who had his leg shot with a cannon at a high school football game because his getting injured might jeopardize their being able to continue their tradition of firing off the cannon.

How the hell do people end up this insensitive and moronic? They say this is a football town with strong traditions, but I came from a very strong football tradition at St. John's University in St. Cloud, Minnesota and I can guarantee you that if someone was injured because of a tradition, that tradition would get axed or at least severely examined.

The state of mind that some people operate from boggles me. At times I'm ashamed to be in the same country, or even species, as some of these numbskulls.

No comments: