Thursday, February 07, 2008

Holy Crap

Has it really been like three weeks since I've posted anything? I know it's been a while, but I didn't know it was that long. Guess I've been way more busy that I thought I was. In all honesty, though, it has been an extremely busy few weeks and at times I feel like there is rarely a moment I have to actually just slow down and have some quality "Rick time", but that might not always be a bad thing since it means I'm not bored, but sometimes you just need to be bored, right? You need to give your brain a chance to slow back down. So what have I been up to? Gosh, too much. And since it's been so long, here's a nice, cute, bulleted list of random crap.

  • I was in Orlando for work for a few days. It was nice to escape the record setting cold of Minnesota, but since it was a work trip I didn't get to actually do anything fun while I was there.
  • I was also in Chicago for a few days for work. Again, it was for work so there was no real chance to do anything on my own. Went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant, but that was really the highlight of the trip.
  • Worked on Decoy Music's top albums feature. That was a ton of work compiling everything, entering it into the database, and just doing work to get it to display right. Go check it out and find some good music to listen to.
  • Finished out our broomball season with a record of 3-1-1. It was a pretty good season and was over way too quick. Our last game was pretty rough. We played a team full of dickheads that like to take cheap shots and cross check at will, so much so that one of their players eventually got ejected from the game. I was pretty battered and bruised after the game, but we ended up winning, which felt awesome.
  • Continuing to play winter league ultimate. After starting with some strong wins, we've been on a slight slide with a tie and a loss and a close win the last three weeks.
  • Went out to the Guthrie to see Peer Gynt. It was a fine play, funny, interesting, and well executed. The only issue I had with it is that some scenes were a little long and the entire play could have been reigned in a little, but that's a minor quibble.
  • Plugging away at work on some projects that are all coming to a head here in the months of February and March. It's been hectic, stressful, and busy, but it'll be great when it is all over.
So, yeah, I'll try to get back on the writing horse here, and hopefully not be out of the loop for so long.

No comments: