Monday, May 19, 2008

Comcast is Hilarious!

I know that Comcast is blogged about all the time for having terrible service, practicing somewhat shady business techniques, downgrading television signals, and all sorts of other nefarious deeds. I'm not going to do that. I'm here to simply tell you about the hilarity that is Comcast's chat service.

I used their online chat service today to cancel an appointment at my house since our internet, which was down all of Saturday, magically decided to work at some point during the day yesterday. This has happened in the past and we've had multiple techs come out to diagnose what is wrong only to find everything in tip top shape. It's a little disconcerting that their service goes up and down whenever it feels like it with no explanation from Comcast and no discernible reason why it happens, just that it does.

But anyways, I'm getting beside the point. I needed to cancel the appointment I had today and I thought that instead of wasting 20-30 minutes of my time on my cell phone, blowing precious daytime minutes to do it, I'd use the chat option they offer. Heck, I just needed to cancel an appointment so it couldn't take that long, right? Well, it was probably quicker than the phone, but it still took nearly 15 minutes. It was worth it, though, for some of the comedy gold that's included in the transcript below.

Beyond the usual grammar and spelling mistakes (which I don't understand how they can be made since I'd assume they'd use macros for a lot of this stuff) there is the blatant "God bless", the question about how I'd rate this CSR, and the constant overabundance of overbearing positivity. It's surreal. Anyhow, read for yourself and enjoy.

Earl Stanley > Hello Rick_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Earl Stanley. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Earl Stanley > I am happy to have the chance to assist you with your concern. How are you today?

Rick_ > fine

Rick_ > i need to cancel a service appointment that was scheduled for this evening.

Earl Stanley > Great to hear that you are doing fine, Rick.

Earl Stanley > It would be my pleasure to help you today.

Earl Stanley > May I have your account number and the last 4 digits of your SSN please so that I can pull up your account?

Rick_ > i don't have my account number with me. last 4 of SSN are XXXX

Earl Stanley > That would be alright.

Earl Stanley > Thank you. Allow me a few moment to look at your account information.

Earl Stanley > Rick, thank you for waiting patiently.

Earl Stanley > I will now process your request.

Rick_ > thanks

Earl Stanley > My pleasure. May I ask why you wanted to cancel the appointment?

Rick_ > our internet is back up.

Earl Stanley > Alright. Wonderful to hear that.

Earl Stanley > I will now complete your request.

Earl Stanley > Please stay with me.

Earl Stanley > I have successfully processed your request, Rick. Your reference number for this is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I am so happy to have assisted you todat.

Earl Stanley > Aside from this, do you have other concerns that I can assist you today?

Rick_ > nope. thanks.

Earl Stanley > If that is all I can do for you, enjoy the rest of the day and thank you for choosing Comcast. Be well and God bless you!

Earl Stanley > By the way, there is a three-question survey after this chat. I would appreciate it if you take time to provide us feedback regarding how I assisted you today. Should I get a good one from you?

Rick_ > potentially

Earl Stanley > I appreciate that form you.

Earl Stanley > Bye now and take care. Enjoy with the service. smile

Earl Stanley > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

No comments: