Friday, May 02, 2008

Getting My Iron On

Well, according to Rotten Tomatoes, it looks like Iron Man is the best reviewed movie of the year so far. That's a pretty good endorsement for the flick if you ask me. I must say, I'm still going to keep my hopes tempered until after I see it tonight. I've been hopeful that it would be good, but I didn't think it could be great.

Back when I first saw the previews I figured it would bomb. The CGI wasn't complete, the story (from what I could tell) seemed somewhat contrived, and I didn't think they could pull off making a second-tier comic book character into an A-list movie. After seeing the latest trailers, however, and reading the reviews it sounds like it's going to be a ton of fun.

I'm also a little hopeful that it does well being a Marvel stockholder. This is the first of their in-house movies to be released so it will be setting a precedent, hopefully a good one, since I don't see The Incredible Hulk doing that well later this summer. Sure, it has Ed Norton, but I think people will have a bad taste in their mouths from the last Hulk movie. I thought Ang Lee's Hulk was great, but most people didn't.

Anyhow, if you don't have anything to do this weekend, I'd suggest giving Iron Man a go. It's not like there's anything else decent to see coming out this weekend.

No comments: