Monday, May 05, 2008

Organized

Believe it or not, I'm a very organized person. I have very precise, unique organizational schemes that I use for just about everything. My DVDs are alphabetized in three distinct groups--the DVD movies I have not yet watched, TV on DVD I haven't watched, and all of the DVDs I've watched (TV and movies combined). My CDs are in alphabetical order. My books are organized a little more crazily. I just like being organized, but at times it sure doesn't look like I'm organized at all.

Anyone who sees my desk at work must surely wonder what tornado made its way through my cubicle. I have documents all over, CDs strewn about, cords everywhere, and crap all over the place. The thing is, though, I know where everything I need is. For example, the latest DB spec that I'm working with is underneath my exchanges list document right next to my Canada stuffed football. Or if I want the release notes for the last version of the app I'm working with I know I have to look in the folder pile that's next to my mini-tiki mask.

It would probably drive anyone crazy to have to work in my cubicle and, from what I see walking throughout the office, everyone else seems to be really, really neat as well as being organized. I'm sure everyone thinks I spend most of my time finding what I'm working with, but just because I'm not tidy doesn't mean I'm not organized. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hunt down that requirements document in that pile of papers next to my Dwight Schrute bobblehead.

No comments: