Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Return?

In the last couple of months I've seen a few people I'm friends with on Facebook either starting or restarting blogs and it got me to thinking about my blog which, as you can see from the previous post, hasn't been touched since 2008. I'm not exactly sure why I gave up on blogging, but part of it was just plain laziness.

Shortly after my last post, my hosting plan expired and I didn't remember what my logon information was with my host and their customer service was unreachable so I essentially lost access to my site when it was hosted at rickgebhardt.net. I still own that domain, but also don't remember my logon information with the registrar so haven't done anything with it.

I thought about switching hosts and moving to a new platform, but then Blogger stopped supporting publishing via FTP, which was the method I utilized, so it was another item I'd have to figure out how to work around. It just wasn't looking good for me to continue blogging... and when you combine the hurdles I would have to overcome with a lack of motivation and tons going on in my personal life (new job, got engaged, moved, bought an investment property, got more involved at Decoy...) my blog was essentially dead.

Well... until now. For some reason unknown to me, other than the fact I've seen other people I know blogging again, I'm not sure what's giving me the urge to dive back in. But dive I will... at least until I get sick of it again...

No comments: