Tuesday, June 18, 2002

An Open Invitation

It's amazing how something can come up and be completely whacked out in less than 20 minutes. Yesterday I went to take my brother to my grandma's house because he was staying overnight there with her. When I got back it came to my attention that one of my best friend's girlfriend had just broken up with him in the most immature and unbelievable way imaginable. Let me set the stage for you. My good friend, we'll call him Fred, had been dating this girl, who we'll call Wilma, for 18 months. That's a long freakin' time in my book. They had had their rough times and their good times like any other couple and I had become very good friends with both of them. Fred absolutely loved Wilma and did anything he could for her. He may have been somewhat old fashioned but he had everyone's best interests at heart. Everything had been pretty normal between both of them. They had been having a little scuffle lately but nothing too big. Fast forward to yesterday.

I get home and find out this: Fred went to visit Wilma since he was leaving today for a couple days. He wanted to talk to her too because he had been gone the past couple of days on another trip. As he shows up at Wilma's house she runs in and locks the door and says she doesn't want to see Fred. Well, needless to say he was dumbfounded. Wouldn't you? So he leaves only to be followed by two cars of thugs that Wilma sent out. They follow him around town so finally Fred pulls into a parking lot to figure out what was up. They cut him off with one car and pin him and confront him. They tell him not to see Wilma ever again. They're done. So he leaves, even more confused. Many of Fred and Wilma's friends try to contact Wilma and she won't answer or listen. Most of the time the phone just got hung up. I was one of those people that called and I managed to get a message onto Wilma's machine (after being hung up on--twice). I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. All I knew was someone had messed with one of my best friends and I wanted answers. I talked to Fred and got the low-down and everything I heard played out like a really sick, dark joke that someone wanted to play on us. It was completely out of character for Wilma to be this way. What gave?

Flash forward to 2 a.m. last night. My cell phone goes off waking me up from a very nice deep sleep that I was heartily enjoying. Lo and behold, it was Wilma wanting to talk. She tried to explain everything and push the blame off onto the thugs that they did it all of their own volition. Maybe...kinda don't think so, but whatever. The key thing was, she didn't want to talk to Fred at all. She didn't feel the need to explain herself at all. I made her talk and now I don't know what's going on. I'm just hoping that Wilma isn't turning into someone she doesn't want to be. I also hope that Fred can make it through this because it has been a complete shocker to him.

Wilma, I am asking you to get your crap together. What the heck is going on? I thought I knew you. Think about your life and think about all the immature crap you're putting above people you love. Quit acting like a kid and think like an adult for a little bit. Talk to me again when you have your head screwed on straight.

Fred, dude, I'm there for you always. Fight through this and don't let it eat you away.

Wilma's friends--screw you guys, all of you. You're a bunch of two-bit wannabe thugs that think you're cool because you can go around trying to ruin someone's life. It would be really frickin' cool if you could act older than seven year olds. If you want to mess with someone, mess with me because I have no qualms about getting into it with you. This is an open invitation to leave Fred alone and come after me if you want someone to mess with. I really wish you could realize what complete losers you are.

No comments: