Thursday, January 30, 2003

Ron Artest and My Indiana Pacers

Oh baby, guess who’s #1 in the ESPN NBA power rankings? Yep, that’s right, my Indiana Pacers. They have been on such a roll as of late. Despite all of the controversy over Ron Artest they are still managing to play great ball. I’m really disappointed that they won’t be back in town to play the Wolves again this year and that I missed when they did play here back in November. I still haven’t gotten to a T-Wolves game yet this year which is unusual as I usually get to at least one, if not a couple, every year. I’m not hinting or anything for anyone to take me to a game……ok, yes I am. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch a game or two before the season is over. I guess I just haven’t had the time (or tickets for that matter) yet to go.

One thing that has been bothering me about the Pacers, however, has actually been Ron Artest. I don’t know if any of you have heard some of the news on what he’s been doing lately, but he is one violent mofo when he doesn’t do well. He’s on suspension right now for insulting a ref, “gesturing to the crowd”, arguing with Pat Riley, and committing a very flagrant flagrant foul. This isn’t just an isolated incident. He has also thrown a TV monitor and destroyed a $100,000 camera in New York along with having many violent fouls throughout the season. I think he might be just a little bit off his rocker, but he plays some great ball. I don’t think Indiana would be doing as well as they are without him, but he is definitely a problem.

Shifting gears a little here…I had a wonderful logic test yesterday. I was not in class for the review session, but some of my fellow students told me that he wanted word for word, verbatim definitions of all the terms that we use. I really hope that he wasn’t serious because I didn’t memorize them word for word because I knew their meanings. What is the point of memorizing something exactly? How could that possibly benefit you when you know the definitions already, just not word for word. If anything you are just going to get yourself confused by making sure you know the exact order of the words in a definition or making sure you use a “the” instead of “a” or something just plain dumb like that. We’ll see when I get the test back next week (or maybe even Friday if Tim was ambitious in grading out tests).

Since I had a test, I decided to take the rest of the night off to try and relax. I went over to St. Ben’s to do some homework, visit Kristin, and watch a movie. I basically just lounged around over there being lazy. Sometimes you just need a night like that, you know? Oh, but before I went over there, right after the test I had decided that I needed to do some senseless killing so I finally finished Delta Force: Land Warrior. This whole playing video games concept is starting to catch back on. Oh, how I’ve missed them. I’m torn now as to what I want to play. I’ve started Hitman 2 a few days ago, but it’s frickin’ tough so I don’t know if I should start a new game or keep plugging away until I break my computer in frustration. If I start a new game, that presents a new problem as I have a bunch that I want to play. My main choices would be Mafia, Red Faction, Aliens vs. Predator 2, Freedom Force, or No One Lives Forever 2. I’m torn so if you would like to help me figure out which one to play next, please email me and let me know.

Well, I’m done with work here in a minute or two. It’s time to go home and get myself a nice, big mug of coffee to get me going. I don’t think I would be able to do as much reading as I have to do this semester without the aid of my wonderful caffeinated friend, coffee. Mmm…here I come breakfast.

No comments: