Friday, June 27, 2003

Don't Borrow Stuff Without Asking

ell, there’s a Strike Team Improv show tonight so anyone who can possibly make it should. We’re going to be trying out a few new games tonight that STI has never performed so you could be seeing some groundbreaking improv! It’s going to be extra improv from me as two of the games that my team are playing I have never played, practiced, or announced for so they’re going to be firsts for me in every way conceivable. Let’s just hope that because they’re going to be the first time I’ve played them that I don’t suck too bad.

I’m starting to wonder about some of our choices for improv games lately. It seems that we’re trying a little too hard to come up with new games and try different games that we haven’t done before instead of sticking with some of the classics. I was talking with Stefan at work yesterday and he brought up a very good point in that a lot of the older games that we have dropped, a good portion of the crowd really enjoyed. They may not have been the group’s favorite games to do, but they excited the crowd. This may also be a reason that our crowds have been down this year as compared to last year—we’re not giving them what they’re used to. Anyhow, I just hope that the new games go well tonight.

Tomorrow is also going to be a big day for me as I’ll be going to Warped Tour with Kristin. I’ve been waiting for this for quite a while now. I remember last year’s show and how sweet it was (well, except for the thunderstorm causing Bad Religion and Good Charlotte to have to cancel their sets). It looks like it should be good weather tomorrow. Mid 70’s with a 50 percent chance of rain. If anything, the rain with make it fun! Tune in on Monday for my review of the show. No doubt it will awesome.

Ok, I’ve got to get this off of my chest because it’s been bothering me for a while. One thing that really annoys me is not getting back something you’ve borrowed out to someone in a timely fashion, especially when you want it for some reason. During finals week this year, a friend of Karl and me came to help him move out. I was gone while they were packing him up so when I got back he was gone……along with some of my dvd’s. I thought some of the guys across the hall might have borrowed them. That would be cool. They do it all the time.

I was wrong. There was a note on my computer that said “Took some of your movies. I’ll get them back to you soon. –Matt”. Grrrrr……don’t take my crap without asking. That’s another pet peeve of mine. Ok, I probably wouldn’t have been mad at all if one of the movies he took hadn’t been the movie I planned on watching that night (Road to Perdition). So I was grumpy about it. Eh, I’d get over it and I’d have them back soon enough. That was around May 5th or so. What’s today’s date? June 27th, you say? Almost two months have gone by and I haven’t got my movies back. Even after repeated promises that he’d bring them back and numerous reminders from me, they’re still in his possession……and now he’s in Chicago for the weekend.

I think the moral of this story is: DON’T TAKE MY STUFF AND NOT RETURN IT! This is a very quick way to get me pissed off (besides taking my stuff without asking, sorry, I’m possessive). Whew, I feel a lot better now that I’ve got that out of my system. I’ll keep you updated and let you know when I get it back. If anyone cares, I’ve started a thread on the message board betting on when I’ll actually get my movies back. Hurry up and chime in before I actually get them back! The closest person will get a special prize from me!

No comments: