Friday, June 13, 2003

I'm Pretty Tired

I’m starting to think that as the summer has arrived (today it is quite evident that it is indeed summer – 80 odd degrees out) that the readership on this website has started to wane. I’ve not only noticed that with my site but with a lot of weblogs that I read. A few others with message boards like mine have been experiencing a heavy decline in posting just as I have. It might also be that I haven’t updated my site as much in the last few days, but I think it’s more the season than anything.

Everyone, no matter what you do or who you are, always seems to get busier when summer arrives. This is definitely the case with me. I’ve got work which dominates my day, stealing around 9.5 hours a day from my play time. I also have improv three days a week and the time between work and improv is often spent lounging around in Roch since I can’t really go home. The other nights it seems like I always have all kinds of things I want to do and I just can’t get around to them. Honestly, summer is so much more busy and stressful than college is. I dread January arriving and being done with school permanently (well, let’s hope I get back to grad school eventually).

I’m also so much more tired during the summer. It seems like I’m always struggling to stay awake to do things. I really don’t know what it is, but I would assume that I would be a lot more energetic with the nice weather and the open expanses of the country. I’m not, though. Even right now I’m really pushing to keep my eyes open writing this thought. I am wanting a nap so badly but I still have at least an hour of work left and then I have to head over to improv to get ready for the show and then I have our show. The shows are another thing that really add to my being tired. Every show drains me and tonight will only be worse since it’s hot as hell out and there’ll be 100 people or so packed into a non-air conditioned theater. Ughh.

Am I getting old? Maybe I’ve passed my prime and I’m starting my downhill roll already. I hope not, but some days it really feels like it. So does any of this have anything to do with my site being read less? No, not really, I just thought that it was interesting that the people reading this site has declined. Eh, I pretty much just do this site for myself anyways as a way of talking to myself and keeping a psuedo-journal, so it shouldn’t matter that not many people come here. Ok, whatever, I’m going to go throw some cold water on my face and try to wake up.

No comments: