Thursday, June 05, 2003

Mr. Clean

Yesterday was cleaning day. Ryan is getting confirmed this Sunday so we have to have the house spic and span for the confirmation party that we’re having for him afterwards. I had the daunting task of cleaning our basement and also trying to make some semblance of my room. I am still not completely moved back in from college.

The vacuuming of the basement wasn’t the hard part of the cleaning. That’s actually pretty easy—turn vacuum on, move it around the carpet for a while, repeat. The hard part was moving all the furniture around and organizing all our junk that’s accumulated in various corners and places in our living room downstairs. My mommy wanted to make sure that the basement was über-clean so I moved everything out and vacuumed instead of just vacuuming around stuff. It was kind of fun to reorganize my dvd’s and such because I noticed that I had a bunch of them that I forgot I owned.

The real task, which is yet to be finished, is the migrating of all the comic books I’ve been sorting in the weight room/office part of the basement into my room which, by the way, doesn’t have any more room for anything in it at the moment. I’m making some room by moving a bunch of books onto my book shelves in the toy room, but to do that I had to go through what was there and get rid of a bunch. I have a tub and a box full of books I’m going to either sell or trade in somewhere. At least all this cleaning and reorganizing is forcing me to go through my junk and get rid of what I don’t want or need any more.

Also, in going through my comics, I’ve found a bunch of duplicates so if you are in the market for a bunch of comics or books, just hit up the contact page and drop me a note. If not, I’m probably going to start listing some of them on ebay. Hopefully I’ll get a little bit of money for them.

Oh, just to let everyone know, tomorrow is Strike Team Improv’s opening show for the summer. I’m not sure if I’m in this rotation or not, but I’ll let you all know via the message board tomorrow if I am or not. If I am, wish me luck, if not, well, whatever.

No comments: