Friday, April 23, 2004

More St. Cloud Talk

So where was I? Oh, yes, roller skating. Yeah, it was fun, but I sucked at it. There was tons of free pizza and pop (which I took major advantage of). That was the end of Friday night.

So Saturday. If it wasn't for my premature case of Alzheimer's I'd be able to remember things better, but from what I remember Kristin and I went to St. Cloud for our weekly mall crawl. We also visited her house for a bit. That night Kristin, me, and a bunch of our friends went to see Big Fish and then go to an outdoor concert in Flynntown at SJU. Big Fish was phenomenal. In my book, it was easily Tim Burton's best film ever, and this movie makes my top five movie list of the year with ease. If you haven't seen it, it'll be out on DVD pretty soon and you should definitely check it out when it comes out. Imagine a story somewhat like Forrest Gump but as done by Tim Burton and you'll get a general sense of what the film was like.

The outdoor concert was a decent time although it was horribly overrun with drunk people. I'm pretty sure that our group made up the almost 2% of the crowd that was sober. It was all good, though, since I usually don't mind that much hanging out with drunk people as long as I'm having fun too. We watched Fred Savage and the Unbeatables play. They're a local St. Cloud band with members that attend SJU. I've mentioned them on my site before. They played pretty much the same stuff they've played before with a few new tunes, but they didn't sound much different from their older stuff. They're an ok band to watch and listen to, but not overly special or new--just your basic ska-punk band.

Anyhow, the concert was cool. Afterwards, I slept and then woke up (wow, what a surprise). What's even more of a surprise is that I have to leave for St. Cloud for the weekend once again before I even finish talking about last weekend. Gah!! Too much crap to do lately. Bah!

No comments: