Thursday, June 17, 2004

Nothing Horribly Wrong... Other than the Usual

The results are in. They all came back negative. Whew. Talk about a relief. So it's pretty much a lock that what I'm getting is some form of migraines. What type, I won't know for a little bit yet. I have an appointment with the clinic's neurologist for the 21st...... of July. Yes, that is over a month away. Un-frickin-believable. That is the soonest they can get me in!

I went from being relieved to horribly pissed in a matter of minutes this morning. So what do I do in the meantime? Well, I'm probably going to talk to my regular doctor and just ask for some temporary, general migraine medicine to take until I can get in and have the specifics of my migraines examined. Hopefully I won't have any major migraines like I did over the last two weeks.

I am interested, and extremely happy, to start exercising again. I'll just have to overdose on Exedrin before I do it, though, so that I can actually finish a workout without keeling over and feeling like my head will explode. I'm still trying to figure out what changed in my lifestyle/body that made it so that I went from exercising vigorously every day to not being able to exercise at all without extreme pain.

Did I suddenly experience more stress? No, not really. I didn't change my diet at all. My sleep patterns were pretty much unchanged. I hadn't started doing anything new. I stopped my caffeine intake... but only after my migraines had already started. My lifting program was the same as it's been for the last few months. I wasn't attempting to run any further than I usually would. I wasn't having any other problems. I just don't know what could have brought about such a drastic change in such a short time. One day I was fine and the next I was debilitated in extreme pain.

Hopefully this hard to talk to neurologist can figure it out. He damn well better if I have to wait over a month to see him. Not only should he figure out the cause of my headaches, but he should instantaneously cure them with the wave of a magical wand... all while juggling flaming batons and balancing plates on his head. Really, if it's going to take me a month to see him, he better be one hell of a doctor. Either that or there better be a ton of people here in Rochester with some serious head problems.

In other news, I bought a tube of the most rancid candy known to man--Xtra Sour Goo Candy. They had it on clearance at Kwik Trip so I decided to take a chance, mainly because of the sketchy name and my stupidity. Upon tasting it, my mouth was sent reeling. Yes, it is sour. Yes, it is goo. Yes, it is candy. No, I would not recommend anyone in their right mind to buy it. Actually, on second thought, everyone should go buy a bottle and try it. See how much you can eat before you feel like vomiting or your teeth feel like falling out from sugar overdose.

In more news, I'm now in the process of migrating Kingland's website over from IIS and .asp pages to Tomcat and .jsp pages. Turns out that the 1.2 and 2.0 JSP standards have a lot of differences. I've got a book on the 2.0 standard and I ordered one on the 1.2 standard so I can get a feel for the differences. I'm going to try to do the site based on the 2.0 standard, but since the other coders here in the office code to the 1.2 spec, I might be on my own for figuring some stuff out. I'm really not looking forward to the database connectivity programming since I've have virtually no DB experience at all. I've played with some Access databases, but even I don't consider them true databases. It'll at least be a good learning experience for me. It does fall a little outside of my job description as a technical writer, but in all reality I'm also the web site designer/administrator so I suppose I am responsible for this stuff. At least I'll get to look at some books for a while instead of staring at my monitor(s) for 8-12 hours a day!

No comments: