Thursday, January 27, 2005

Calvin & Hobbes Snowmen

I am a gigantic Calvin & Hobbes fan. I own every book, read every strip, and have used one or the other for message board avatars at one time or another. Some of the most interesting strips for me, a resident of the snowy state of Minnesota, were the snowman strips. These were the strips where Calvin would build horribly grotesque snowmen. They would either serve the purpose of making some biting social commentary or just look neat. I've always thought about making my own versions of the myriad of snowmen depicted in the Calvin & Hobbes strips, but I never had the time or ambition (mostly ambition--it's not fun staying out in the cold) to do so.

Thankfully, not every C&H fan is nearly as unambitious as I. I stumbled across this gallery of photos of snowmen made to mimic the C&H scenes. Some of them are just dumb, but others are neat. It's great to see that even after many years since the last published strip, people are still playing off of what was written in them!

No comments: