Thursday, January 13, 2005

TMNT Obsession!

Since the flood to our basement a few months ago, my mother has been going through a lot of the old junk that was in our storage room since it's now spread all over the basement because of the damage the flood caused. In going through all of this junk, we've managed to toss out a lot of stuff and I've personally used this opportunity to go through all of my crap, somewhat slowly, and donate all of my old stuff.

I really don't like clutter, even though I manage to let my cubicle, my room, and my comic collection get that way. Eventually the clutter will get to the point where I either need to do something about it or start figuring out what size of straight jacket I'd wear. I've managed to give away about 10 bags full of clothes that I no longer wear. I don't know how much the Salvation Army can make use of tight 80's styled jeans and Scooby Doo t-shirts, but I'm sure there's someone out there who can benefit from them. In my defense, not everything I've donated has been outdated junk. I went through all of my dress clothes as well and weeded them down to only the outfits I still wear. Anything extraneous got the boot.

Anyhow, back to my mom going through her crap. As she was leafing through a bunch of papers, she found a couple of things that I found very interesting. The first was an autographed photo of an old Vikings player, Bob Lutsema. I've never heard of him, but I obviously met him at one point in my childhood, and when I did meet him he signed a picture and made it out to me. Check it out:



One other thing my mother found that I found to be interesting was a letter that I wrote to my mom when I was 9 (which for those of you not knowing my exact age, would date back to 1990). What amazes me the most is that I not only wrote my mom a letter and illustrated it, but that I actually went and mailed this letter to her instead of just giving it to her.

The tone of the letter was also a little negative. Apparently my mother had taken me shopping and I didn't like going very much. I told her that I loved her, but I would like if she never took me shopping EVER AGAIN. I then told her to view a particular episode of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle tv show in order to truly grasp my point. After that I proceeded to tell her that I liked going to movies with her, that I liked movies, that I liked the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles move, and that I again hated shopping. To cap off this wonderful letter, I told her to flip over the page because I drew a picture of my favorite movie characters (surprise, surprise) the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This wonderful illustration can be seen in all of its glory below:



From this illustration, you should note two things. 1) I can't spell Raphael's name right (Raphial is how I did it here). 2) I absolutely suck at drawing.

No comments: