Monday, February 14, 2005

Put Me Out of My Misery

Everyone knows what it's like to be sick and it's never very fun. I've been sick since Wednesday night now and it doesn't look like it's getting any better, which doubly sucks because yesterday during the day I felt pretty decent... up until the evening.

Wednesday, I felt a little tickle in my throat and had a few coughs. I thought it would be nothing and that it would pass soon. Thursday I felt the same. Then I went to the Sno-Core concert in the cities where I had to wait outside in the cold for a while and then I spent like 3 and a half hours in a smokey overly warm club only to go back outside into the cold in search of my car.

Friday I felt pretty crappy from the time I woke up and even left work a tad early since I felt like ass. I spent the rest of the night just lounging around feeling icky. Saturday I was supposed to go to see Break the Silence with Jared, but I ended up staying home and curling up on the couch instead.

Since I was sick I finally got around to watching In the Bedroom. I'd been meaning to watch it for a long time now, but I usually don't like watching depressing movies unless I already feel like crap. Since I was sick as all get out, I figured that'd be the perfect time to watch it. After watching it, I'm sad I put it off so long because it was a great, great film, but quite depressing and not one I'd like to see again any time soon.

Sunday, feeling much better in the morning, I took a trip up to St. Cloud to go see Aquila Theatre's performance of The Invisible Man and visit my friend Theresa. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon and it felt good to be up on campus again. It's just too bad that the play wasn't a little better than it was. I don't think I've ever seen so many set changes in one play. There were times when the set would be changed ever 2 minutes or so. Sure, they did some neat scene transitions, but I couldn't get invested in the story because it felt so broken up and disjointed. There were also portions of the play acted out in silence, while others were acted out in attempts at different theater styles, all the while the majority of the play was acted out in a standard format. I guess I just couldn't get invested in this performance. Even so, it was nice to actually see a play again. It'd been a while and I miss seeing honest to goodness people acting out a story instead of simply popping in a DVD for the evening.

Now today I woke up hoping to feel better, but I feel 10 times worse than I did before. To add to the suckiness of the situation, I'm working until 8 tonight since I have to pick up Underminded from the airport to come back to my place. I suppose I could just sit back and zone out for a while in my chair. We'll see how the days goes as the cold medicine I took sucks ass and isn't really helping.

Oh, and a Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there. Have a good one.

No comments: