Saturday, May 21, 2005

Free Comic Book Month -- Day Twelve Through Fourteen

It's been a few days since I've released winners, so here are some more! For anyone still interested, I haven't even received enough entries to fill up the entire month, so I'm pretty sure if you enter, you'll win something!

Danny gets free comics because:

"I'm submitting my FCBD entry because I've been wanting to get into comics and graphical novels for a while and I haven't known where to start. Anything good for someone just starting out would be great. I like the normal geeky stuff, LOTR, sci-fi, HHGG, superheroes, etc."

You will receive:
My Name is Chaos #1-4 (a four issue DC prestige mini focusing on an interesting new sci-fi story)
Ragamuffins #1 (who doesn't love a comic names "ragamuffins"?)
Metaphysique #2 (interesting mystical story from Norm Breyfogle)

Red gets free comics because:

"I'm an avid collector & I love comics in general."

You will receive:
American Flagg #7, 11, 12, 38, 43, 48 (a great cross-section of the groundbreaking series created by Howard Chaykin)
Captain Paragon #1 (just because)

Chris gets free comics because:

"It's FCBD and I'm swamped with grading and classwork because it's the weekend before finals and I can't go get free comics, even though they're free, because I have no free time, which is not really free, when you think about it. Knowing that free comics are on the way will buoy me through finals and help carry me into the promised land of summer."

You will receive:
Showcase '94 #10 (I miss titles like this that have tons of characters in their series run)
End Times #1 (captivating Latino noir)
LEGION '93 #49 (DC's cosmic superheroes always seemed so much superior to Marvel's)
Steampunk #9 (Chris Bachalo's pencils are a marvel to behold)
Vigilante: City Lights, Prairie Justice #1, 3 (modern DC western!)
Darkhawk #15 (just because)

Enjoy! Remember, there's still a ton of comics left to give out, just go here. Tell your friends!

No comments: