Saturday, May 07, 2005

Something's Definitely Not Right

Right now, my body is telling me something's wrong. It won't let me sleep at night. All I do is toss, turn, and wake up gasping from nightmares. During the days I'm filled with anxiety. So much so that at times I'll get jittery and my stomach will feel upset. Just a few minutes ago I was mowing lawn and I really thought I was going to puke everything in my stomach out across the grass. I took a little break and I started to simply feel weak.

Beyond that, I have a bruise the size of a softball on the back of my left calf. I don't know how it got there, what I did to get it, or how long it's been there, but it's there. It doesn't hurt but it looks menacing. If not for a friend telling me that it was there last night, I doubt I would have ever even noticed it there.

My left arm also hasn't been up to snuff. Ever since I had that viral infection in my left shoulder, my left arm has felt weaker and I have a hard time gripping things in my left hand in comparison to my right. I was carrying a box for my grandma the other day and the side I had in my left hand kept wanting to slip out because I couldn't hold on tight enough.

To top it off, yesterday while I was running after about 2.5 miles my chest just started burning. I've never gotten chest pains while running in the past, but yesterday I had to stop and walk the last 3/4 a mile home. Seriously freaky.

I don't know what it is... well I might... no, I don't think I do know what is wrong, but I do know that my body is trying to tell me that something isn't like it should be right now or that something bad is on its way. I sincerely hope that it's nothing, but I always figure that it's better to be prepared for the worst than to hope nothing bad will happen.

No comments: