Monday, May 02, 2005

Something's Not Quite Right

I've reached a small milestone in my life last week. I made the move from being a technical writer to becoming a business analyst. Who'd have thought that a year's of experience at technical writing, a degree in philosophy, and a degree in computer science would yield that position in today's work force. I hope that all will go well in this new position.


It's the month of May and here in Minnesota we're still getting snow. I was mowing my grandma's lawn on Saturday when the skies darkened and snow started falling down. Actually, over the last few days it's been snowing on and off, which is no fun whatsoever when you want to be running outside. I shouldn't have to brush snow off of my car in the morning when it's May 2nd unless I live in the Arctic. Seriously.


I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Friday. It wasn't as good as I would have hoped, but at least it didn't outright suck. Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe I wasn't in the right mood, or maybe the movie actually just wasn't that great, but I found myself let down by it.


The return of Family Guy to Fox's Sunday lineup made my night last night. The new episode was easily one of the funniest of the entire series run. I hope that the creative team pushes Fox to the limits in what they're allowed to televise because that's when the show is at its best. American Dad, on the other hand, just wasn't very good. I watched until the first commercial break before I turned it off. I just didn't like it at all.


Do you ever get that dreadful feeling that you just know something bad is going to happen. Slowly and methodically it worms its way into your thoughts, starting at the periphery of your mind but bit by bit you come to realize it's there. Something feels like it's not right and then, all of the sudden, the realization will hit you and you'll panic. Something bad is going to happen and you know it, but you don't know what. You ever get that feeling? I do. I have it now.

No comments: