Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What Do You Smell?

The only way you'll truly be able to understand how funny this line is in a work environment is to try it out for yourself. With that being known, I was sitting in my cubicle this afternoon working on a file import spec, wishing the work day was done. The office was relatively quiet and you could hear a small conversation between a couple of co-workers a little ways over, but for the most part it was deathly quiet.

I was attempting to work on the spec while tune into the conversation to see what it was about. I think they were talking about baseball, but I couldn't be sure. I decided to give up on listening in and thought about putting my headphones back on so I could listen to some of the new cds I'd happened upon over the weekend. It was at that moment a coworker who sits next to the men's bathroom, out of the blue, uttered the following line at a very high decible level:

"Hey, I smell peanuts."

No comments: