Monday, June 27, 2005

Ants? Ants Make Me Crazy!



So it seems that our office has been overrun with ants as of late. I don't know why. I don't know how they got in. I don't know why they stick around. All I know is that I'm continually crushing these annoying little suckers throughout the day. After complaining about it with some co-workers and finding out that they suffer the same affliction, I took it upon myself to make scorecards to track how many of the little bastards we kill.

Right now I've got my scorecard tacked up in my cube and as of this morning I've put down six of the little suckers. It's weird because they don't appear to be coming from any one area. A couple of them were by my book stack. Another one was by my monitor. Another by my keyboard. One was next to my phone. The last one was climbing the wall of my cube. Each met the same fate for invading my personal work area.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, I suppose) I'm not winning at the moment. Two other co-workers have put down quite a few more ants than I have. Supposedly our building manager is going to find us some ant traps or poison to take care of them, but until then the competition is still on!

No comments: