Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Is This What Being Grown Up is Like?

Life sure has a way of keeping me busy. Like I said in my last post, I wish I had more time in the day since I never seem to get what I want done actually done in a day. This week and next week will probably be a couple of the busiest weeks in recent memory.

Work has managed to get extremely busy and I’ve been bogged down in meetings and work associated with said meetings and work preparing for said meetings. I don’t mind it too much, but since I’m a people pleaser I think I get into trouble by agreeing to put too much on my plate that I end up stressing out or not being able to get it done as fast as I’d like. I hate telling people no, but I suppose I’ll have to learn how or else I’ll just burn out.

To add to my ever growing list of things I need to do, I now can add packing and moving. Sometime over the next couple of weeks I will be moving out of my parents’ house and into the basement of a friend who lives in Rochester. It’ll definitely be wonderful to not have the 40 minute commute every morning and every night. It’ll also be great to be closer to the friends I have in town and to be able to have the ability to hang out whenever instead of just after work. On the downside… I really don’t want to leave my home.

Living with your parents may not be the ideal situation for people graduating from college, but I certainly loved it and am glad I did. I love living with my parents. They’re great. We get along great. Everything works out great. It just finally came to the point where I felt like I wanted to be able to be with friends and whatnot more. I’m sure I’ll be back home often enough, but it’ll be different living away from home.

So, yeah, things are busy. I need more than 24 hours in a day. I want things that are ambiguous in my life to be not ambiguous. I want work to not be so busy. I want to just instantaneously be living in Roch instead of having to pack and move. I want a lot of things and I have a feeling I probably won’t get any of them any time soon.

No comments: