Monday, July 11, 2005

About Freakin' Time

As you may have noticed over the past couple of weeks the formatting of my site has been... less than desirable. There would often be spaces between posts and the comments link or other big spaces in posts for no reason. Well, actually there was a reason, but it wasn't my fault. It was our wonderful friend, Blogger's, problem.

Because of some changes that Blogger made to how posts are published, all of my posts were being wrapped in div clear:both tags. What this did is clear all of my floating formatting, which is how I define a lot of the layout on my site. There was no way to keep blogger from adding those tags to each post so I just had to live with the formatting issues and continually complain to Blogger.

Thankfully this affected enough blogs that they finally released a fix for it. So, barring any other screwups from our friends at Blogger my site should be back to looking normal, at least when it comes to formatting.

No comments: