Friday, July 08, 2005

I Need Cartoon Network

At the house I live in here in Rochester, we don't get cable. Well, that's not completely true... we get the most basic of the basic cable which means we get the local channels, some news channels, some foreign language channels, a couple of shopping channels, and MTV2. It's more channels than what I used to get living in the country, but I'm starting to want to have more channels at my fingertips, especially after watching this click of Voltron getting served from an episode of Robot Chicken (which is on Cartoon Network).

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim consistently puts out shows that I really, really enjoy which is something that network tv rarely does. I think it's something about how completely off the wall most of the comedy is. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost, and now Robot Chicken are all money shows. Combine that with the shows they picked up from other networks, such as Family Guy and Futurama, and you have a killer lineup.

The other channel I really miss is Comedy Central, mainly just for the Daily Show with John Stewart. I picked up the Daily Show Indecision 2004 box set that just came out to tide me over until I pony up some money to actually order cable. In the summer right now it's not all that bad since I have the nice weather to enjoy, but once winter rolls around I think cable is going to have to be a must.

No comments: