Monday, August 15, 2005

Julia Roberts Quitting Acting?

You know, I really hope it's true. I know the article I read is skeptical, but a guy can hope can't he? For every movie that I've been able to barely tolerate her in there's been about 10 that make me cringe. I can only think of three movies offhand that I actually tolerated her in--Ocean's 11, Ocean's 12, and Conspiracy Theory... and Ocean's 12 I didn't even like. She was tolerable in both of the Ocean movies since she was only a supporting character instead of being in one of the main roles.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't stand Roberts. Mainly it's because it seems like she never acts any different in any of the roles she plays. She's always Julia Roberts, not who she's portraying. It's this same problem that I have with Will Smith. Actors should have range, and Roberts doesn't. So let's hope that she really has decided to spend her future with her kids instead of in front of a movie camera. It would make me a very happy person.

No comments: