Sunday, September 25, 2005

The GMAT

This whole grad school thing… well, maybe for once one of my grand plans won’t be nothing more than a pipe dream.  The last month or so I’ve really been mulling it over, not completely 100% sure as to if I would want to do it, and I don’t know if I’m still 100% sure, but there have just been so many things going on lately that have led me to believe that I need something to fill the gaping void that seems to be slowly growing and sucking me down.

The only thing that might be holding me back is if I would want to look for a job change to somewhere in the Twin Cities as it seems that just about everyone I know lives there now and I need to find an environment that is young person friendly, which Rochester really isn’t.  

For the moment, though, I think I’ll focus on the grad school option.  I’m in the process of applying to St. Thomas MBA program.  I need to have all of my materials in my December 1st, which will probably be here faster than I know.  I have basically 2 months.  In that time I also have to take the GMAT, which I haven’t done any studying for yet.  In anticipation of taking it, however, I went out and bought a wonderfully expensive GMAT preparation study book.

With GMAT study book in hand, I need to attempt to work on studying out of it every night and going over the areas that I feel I’ll need the most work multiple times.  It should be an interesting October to say the least.  I foresee a lot of coffee shop hopping after work while I try to focus on studying while still avoiding my home where there are altogether way too many distractions to keep me from focusing on my studying.

If anyone has taken the GMAT and would like to share their thoughts or have any advice, please let me know.  All I have to go on for the moment is my gargantuan study book and a couple of practice exams.  I hope that’ll be good enough because I don’t want to have to take it a second time as it’s $250 each time you take it and I just can’t afford that!

No comments: