Thursday, September 29, 2005

Life at 300 BPM

There’s so much I want to write about write now, so much I want to say, but as I sit here at Panera I just can’t muster the fortitude to go into a long, detailed post on anything.  

I want to talk about how, through everything I’ve been going through lately, my family has been rock solid, kick ass, and totally full of love. I want to write about how I had the most kick ass steak of my life last night.  I want to write about my thoughts on how I think the GMAT scoring method is super wonky.  I want to write about Paramore, my new favorite band of the moment.  I want to write about how I’m gushing to go see Serenity.  I want to write about how I feel so old, yet so young, all at the same time.  I want to tell you about how I finally reached the point of being viewed as a regular here at Panera.  

I want my brain to explode all over page without me having to type anything.  It’d just all be here… but that would be too easy.  Instead, the most I can muster is a cryptic passage from a Paramore song for you to contemplate and admire.  So here it is, from my favorite song, “Brighter”, on their latest album, All We Know is Falling.

So this is how it goes
Well I… I would have never known
And if it ends today
I'll still say that you shine brighter than anyone

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's yours and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

Well this is not your fault
But if I'm without you
Then I will feel so small
And if you have to go
Always know that you shine brighter than anyone does.

If you run away now,
Will you come back around?
And if you ran away,
I'd still wave goodbye
Watching you shine bright.
I’ll wave goodbye tonight.

No comments: