Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Monster Deal

I like deals. I often shop clearance racks, not because I'm just a cheap ass, but because there are often some good deals to be found there. I also like to only buy things when they're on sale. It's just in my nature to save money. Knowing that, I made one hell of a purchase at Kwik Trip today.

On our daily afternoon walk from work to Kwik Trip, I saw they had Monster Energy Drink on sale for $1.50 a can instead of $2.19. Considering that one Monster is like a double Red Bull, which usually costs about $2 or so, this sounded like one heck of a deal to me. So what do I do?

I buy an entire case.

That's right, I walk right up to the counter after unstacking part of their display in order to get down to the bottom to get at a fully sealed case. You might think I'm crazy, but I got one friggin' sweet deal on Monster and I'll be in energy drink heaven for a few weeks... as well as more hyper than a squirrel on crack. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go seize on the floor and foam at the mouth for a few minutes.

No comments: