Friday, September 09, 2005

Fitness Extravaganza - Day One

Lately I’ve been feeling quite out of shape. When I get stressed and busy, my eating habits are one of the first things to hit the toilet. I also don’t get as much time to exercise, which sucks because not only do I like exercising to keep in shape, but it is also a good stress reliever. As I went out for a couple of runs this week, I noticed that I was lugging a few extra pounds around and that I was having a harder time getting through my regular course as compared to usual.

No doubt this is because last week I was in Iowa on business all week and then in Wisconsin on vacation, so I had very little time to exercise and since it was vacation on the weekend, I really didn’t watch what I ate.

Since one of the things I really want to do right now is get back into better shape I am setting a goal for myself—to successfully get down to 175 lbs. while still maintaining a solid muscle base. In order to help motivate myself, I am going to keep track of what I eat and how much I exercise right here for you all to see. That way when I’m eyeing up those Oreos and candy bars, I’ll remember that I’ll be listing them as food that I ate for all to see, and I don’t want to make it look like my eating habits are too utterly terrible, although I realize they are.

So with that said, here is DAY ONE in my fitness extravaganza!

Yesterday’s food intake:
--One can of Spaghetti-O’s
--A medium sized bag of Sun Chips
--A Twix bar
--Three egg rolls
--One "everything" bagel from Panera
--Four cups of coffee
--Two Diet Cokes

My exercise for the day:
--One game of office worldball
--Three mile run

Weight: 185 lbs.

No comments: