Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Game Number Two

The outcome for this week's game wasn't quite as good as last week's. All around I think our team didn't play as well. As the final buzzer rang, the score read 56-37. Not a good score if you ask me, especially since we were on the losing end. It didn't help that we let ourselves dig a hole in the first half by getting down 30-22.

I had a pretty off game myself. A few turnovers, only a couple rebounds, an assist or two, and 6 points doesn't do much to help win a game. Yeah, I realize a game can't be won by a single person, but I always like to make a solid contribution to the team. The game started it's scoring with a 3 pointer by me, but after that I was pretty damn quiet in the scoring category. I couldn't have bought a bucket if I wanted to.

So we're sitting at 1-1 right now, and we won't have a game next week because it's the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Maybe by then I'll have my game somewhat pulled together. After tonight's I stayed for another half hour or so to work on my shot, my dribbling, and doing some sprints. Sure, you can't get better only working a half hour at a time, but I really don't have many options since I don't have a membership to a gym and it's a little bit too cold out to use the outdoor courts. At least I've got something to do. That's what matters most to me.

No comments: