Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Two Different Kinds of Busy

This week, so far, has been phenomenally not awesome… mostly because of work. I don’t really want to say too much about it, but I can say that I’ve been stuck putting in longer than normal hours once again, as well as spending an inordinate amount of time dealing with people and issues that I think are just plain dumb.

Having said that, the weekend couldn’t get here soon enough. I want nothing more than to just forget about work for a few days and focus on doing other things, like hanging out with my family, being Santa for one of my friend’s Christmas parties, and going to visit Kristin in St. Cloud.

It’ll be a busy weekend (and couple of days after the weekend since I’m taking Tuesday and Wednesday off to visit Kristin), but busy in a good way. I would much rather be trying to adjust my schedule to do things I enjoy (like watching movies, going out to eat, playing video games, and reading) rather than things I don’t (like dealing with clients, rewriting documents, and playing the corporate games).

Unfortunately the weekend isn’t here yet and my work schedule isn’t really going to let up on me too soon, so my presence on the internet will remain somewhat muted.

No comments: