Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Getting Rid of Burnt In Images?

I was reading Digg this morning when I ran across this article which talks about how to remove burnt in images from a Mac LCD. I had always heard that LCD don't get burn in like traditional CRT monitors and projection TVs. Anyways, that's not really the point. What the point is, is that I hope this method works for projection TVs and I hope that I can find a way to get an all white screen onto my projection tv for a few hours.

When I bought my 57" Sony, it was a floor model (which is why I got it for about 2/3 of the price). I examined it thoroughly in the showroom and found it to be in perfect condition. Problem is, the movies they were showing on the tv were quite dark so you could see the vibrancy of the color, but it also masked some slight burn in on the screen from when they must have left the menu on for too long.

Now when I watch movies or play video games or whatnot, if a scene contains a predominantly light color, most noticeably white, I can see the slightly burnt in outline of the selection arrows of the menu system. It's not a huge deal, but it does sometimes get annoying. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this method works. It'll be great to be able to only see the menu when I have the menu on!

No comments: