Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hey Monkey Boy

So our wonderful leader, Mr. George Bush, gave his State of the Union address last night. I remember trying to watch his previous SOTU address and distinctly recall only being able to stomach about 13 minutes of it before I was so frustrated I wanted to torture a bunny.

This time my goal was to make it past 13 minutes. I got close, but I couldn't quite do it. It was about 10 minutes into his actual speech that I just gave up and decided I would be more productively using my time by playing Doom III. At least in video games you can kill the people that are making your life so crappy. In real life you unfortunately can't. Well, you can, but the consequences don't seem all that appealing to me.

I also remember that during the last SOTU, Peter David had some wonderful commentary and this address he did the same, and I found myself laughing out loud at many of his points even though I hadn't watched the address. I could basically imagine what it was like anyways. No need to waste over an hour of my life listening to a semi-evolved ape lecture the nation on things he has no clue about.

Really, I'm still amazed at the amount of people in this country who still believe in him or even acknowledge he has an IQ greater than that of our most distant Simian cousins. Can't people feel the contempt for our nation, our people, and our freedoms that Bush has dripping off of every statement he makes? I just don't get it. Sure, the Democrats had a crappy candidate last election too, but anyone new should have been an easy choice after seeing what this ass-clown did his first four years in office.

Ugghh, I get so worked up over this crap, but there is nothing I can do to change anything. We're stuck with this moron and his cronnies until 2008. I don't think, politically, that year could get here fast enough.

No comments: