Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mentally Challenged + Musical Suffix = Huh?

If you're internet savvy in the least or are under the age of 17 and are trying to be trendy or make friends via the internet because you're so socially akward that you would rather curl up in your bed listening to Hawthorne Heights instead of actually talking to other breathing human beings, you've heard of MySpace. It's also a way for many of today's trend-core bands to get kids that have very bad taste in music to listen to their crap.

I bring up MySpace to use as a segue into talking about one of the Google ads that keeps appearing over to the right for Tardcore.com. I know that it's tempting to attempt to cash in on the MySpace craze, but do you really think that combining shorthand for the insult retard with the ubiquitous suffix "core" that you have some type of winning name? If you ask me, it sounds like a gathering place for crappy Silverstein ripoff bands and mullet-cut kids to get together and complain about how much they hate the popular kids and want to do nothing but have a girl talk to them.

Now I don't really have a problem with the site. No, that's not it. What I find somewhat weird and a little bit disheartening is that for whatever reason, Google has decided that would be the perfect ad to continually put up on my site. I'm not tardcore, Google. This guy is.

No comments: