Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Audible Conversion

I'm a big audiobook fan and have been a subscriber to Audible for over a year. In that time I've listened to my audiobooks on my PocketPC through Audible's player that I installed on it. Well, with my new Blackberry I didn't need my PocketPC any more so I sold it. I had a 128 MB Creative MuVo MP3 player that I figured I could use instead.

I tried authorizing it to use Audible's management software, but it was a no go. Apparently my version of the MuVo isn't supported. Wonderful. My 40 gig Lyra also isn't supported and there isn't Blackberry support so the only way I could listen to my audiobooks would be on my computer or to burn them to CD in which I could only listen to them in my car (which I don't drive much any more since I take the bus to work). Lame.

Well, in searching the internet for a way to convert Audible's proprietary .aa files into MP3's that I could play on my MP3 player, I found this great workaround. I'm converting as we speak! The only problem is that I'll have to cut up the resulting MP3 file into smaller digestable pieces for my MP3 player. That shouldn't be too hard. I'm just glad I found a way to listen to my audiobooks on the go again. Now I can finally finish up listening to Xenocide.

No comments: