Saturday, May 27, 2006

Traveling Yet Again

Jeez. It seems like I'm never going to be home. I just got back really late Thursday night and now I'm flying out to Mexico early tomorrow morning. I don't know what I'll have for internet down in Mexico so any updates might be non-existant until I return on Thursday. Hopefull, though, in my downtime I'll be able to get out and take some good pictures. I'll be in Mexico City and I'm told there are some great pyramids to go see that are only about an hour from the city.

I still don't know if I'm used to this whole flying concept yet. Yes, it is a little bit easier for me to handle, but I think that's only because I'm getting a lot better at actively lying to myself and making myself believe that I'm actually not flying. When I have an aisle seat I persuade myself that it's a train or bus I'm on. When I have a window seat I try to make myself think it is some sort of carnival ride or a simulator at a museum or that we're on a string guiding us from point A to point B.

When I actually give in and let myself realize that I am, in fact, on a plane at 30,000 feet in the air I do start to get panic-y, but I try to divert my attention by playing on my PSP or watching movies on my laptop or reading a book. It doesn't always work, but it helps.

Anyways, I'm going to be in Mexico. This should be interesting.

No comments: