Monday, July 10, 2006

As Withdrawal Starts

It's already been a bad start. As I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago, the button on my brand new pair of dress pants broke. It didn't just come off where you could sew it back on. No, it snapped in half. Part is still attached to my pants and part of it is now in my waste basket. I guess I don't know my own strength once I stop taking the go juice.

That's right, I figured it was about time I did my annual self torturing--my week long purge of caffeine. To this day I still don't know why I choose to do it, but usually once a year I get the urge to "cleanse" my body of caffeine. I really don't know what this does for my body other than make me tired, grouchy, lazy, and sore.

I'm not even through my first morning and I already am craving a big ol' mug of coffee. Instead I'm drinking Fresca. Freakin' Fresca! That's the depths I sink to in order to show caffeine that I'm the boss of it and not the other way around.

My head feels like it's shrinking. I don't have a headache yet, although I know it'll be coming, but instead my face and scalp feel like they're scrunching up in an attempt to make my skull implode. I also feel somewhat achy in my calves, but that I chalk up to not running in a few days. Usually my legs cramp when I don't stretch them out or exercise with them for a span of more than a day or two.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to stare at the coffee machine in a cold sweat before I return to my office to curl up into the fetal position for the afternoon.

No comments: