Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This Should Be Fun

So apparently NWA Flight Attendants are not happy campers and are going to start, as of Friday, performing random walkouts in lead up to a potential strike. You can check out their website here. I have to fly to New York via Northwest next week, which might prove interesting if all of the sudden there are no flight attendants for my flight.

I wonder what I'll have to do if the situation arises where there is a walkout on my flight. I remember that when I was booking my tickets it was pretty damn hard getting a flight period. I can't imagine myself getting onto another flight from a different provider, as I'm sure that any open seats will be fought over by everyone on my flight. Or maybe do I get stuck taking connecting flights to get me there? That would suck. It's a two day trip so spending inordinate amounts of time in the air doesn't make much sense.

Let's just hope that my flight has attendants and I get to New York and back... yeah, getting back will be essential. I don't want to be stuck in the Big Apple with no where to stay. I suppose I could book a hotel somewhere, but talk about inconvenience.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Side note, is it just me or for the intro to the NWA Flight Attendant website, is that the Terminator II music in the background. If it is, that's pretty bad ass.

No comments: